Preparation time: 15 minutes or less
250 g copha
3 cups rice bubbles
1 cup coconut
¾ cup icing sugar
1 cup full cream powdered milk
30 g glace cherries, red and green
½ cup sultanas
30 g glace apricots
30 g glace pineapple
Line a 28 cm x 18 cm lamington tin with baking paper.
Melt copha. Add to all other ingredients combined in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Press mixture into tin, and refrigerate until firm.
Cut into serving size pieces.
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tspn bicarb soda
2 tablespoons boiling water
2 cups traditional oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut
3/4 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 150 C (300 F)
Line baking trays with not stick baking paper.
Combine margarine and golden syrup in a medium saucepan
Stir over low heat until the margarine has melted, remove from the heat and cool.
Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well.
Take 1 level tablespoon of the mixture and roll into balls, place on trays 5cm aparet, flatten slightly. Bake for 15—20 minutes or until golden brown, cool on trays.
1 Diced onion
4 Rashers of diced bacon
1 Cup Self raising flour
1 Cup Grated cheese
2 Cups Grated Zucchini
1 1/2 Cups Grated carrot
1/3 Cup Oil
1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese
Any other suitable fresh/ frozen vegies as desired
Salt & pepper to taste
Butter/ spray oil to grease dish125g butter
Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Fry onion and bacon until soft. Sift flour into bowl, add all ingredients except parmesan cheese, and stir to combine. Pour into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. (Serves 6 adults and, of course, more children). http://www.taste.com.au/kitchen/recipes/kid+friendly+zucchini+slice,18886
200ml sour cream
1 tin tuna 400g
1 tub light philly cheese
Spring onions to taste
Mix well. Serve with cut up vegies and flat bread.
Cheese and Corn Muffins
2 cups SR flour
4 spring onions, finely sliced
125g shredded tasty cheese
2 large eggs
30g melted butter
¼ cup milk
200g Greek yoghurt
Jar corn relish
Salt & pepper
Grated parmesan for topping
Place flour, onion and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, milk, yoghurt and relish. Season.
Pour the wet mixture into dry and combine.
Spoon into muffin cases and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Cook about 15 -20 minutes
Makes about 15.
Sweet Potato and Bacon Slice
1 sweet potato shredded
1 zucchini shredded
4 bacon rashers shredded
1 onion diced
1 cup SR flour
1 cup cheese grated
1 tsp garlic
1 tbs chives, diced
1 pinch pepper
1. Add all ingredients together and mix well.
2. Place into a non-stick slice tray.
3. Bake at 220C (180C fan forced) for 40-50 minutes.
Potato and Leek Soup
1 tsp olive oil
1 large brown onion, finely sliced
1 garlic clove, mince
800g potatoes, peeled and diced
3 leeks, rinsed and sliced (slice lengthways to remove dirt easily before chopping)
4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
2 cups (500ml) water
1/4 cup (62ml) light cream
* Parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan and add onions and garlic with a pinch of salt. Cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until onions are soft and translucent.
2. Add potatoes and leeks and stir through. Add stock and bring to the boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until potatoes are nice and soft. Once the potatoes are soft, allow the soup to cool slightly before processing (we use a stick mixer) until smooth. Return the soup to the heat, stir through the cream and serve warm with toast.
*Add some chopped parsley for a fresh flavour.
Mince Chow Mein
3 cups finely shredded cabbage
2 large carrots, diced
optional (any other vegies you want)
1pkt chicken noodle soup
1 tbls curry powder
2 tbls chicken stock (I just use a couple of cubes)
2 pkt 2 minute noodles (broken up) or 1 cup rice
Brown the mince. Add all other ingredients. Mix well. Add enough water to cover it all and simmer gently for approx. 30 minutes. The sauce will thicken up.
Kabana cups – Cheese, kabana, Jatz, cucumber, celery cut into chunks and put in plastic cups
Chicken Curry and rice
Frozen Yoghurt pops (freeze yoghurt in ice block containers)
Fruit salad and yoghurt
Steamed Dim Sims and rice
Tomato and Salami Fettuccini
Variety of Soups
Apricot Anzac biscuits
Apple Crumble and Yoghurt
Potato Wedges, served with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream
Banana smoothies and Weetbix balls
Dips with cut up vegies and pita bread
Tuna Mornay, with pasta spirals added
Cooking with Kids
Chicken and Vegetable Rissoles
500g chicken mince
125g canned corn, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup cheese, grated
2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1 carrot, grated medium
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 zucchini, grated
100g button mushrooms, grated
1 tbs olive oil
4 tbs sweet chilli sauce
1. Preheat oven to 160C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine mince, corn, cheese, sauce, carrot, onion, zucchini and mushrooms in a bowl.
3. Using a large tablespoon of mixture, roll into a rissole. Place on a plate.
4. Heat oil and cook rissoles over medium heat for 2 minutes each side, until brown. Transfer to prepared tray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.